What kind of frontend should be build

midiway

19 Oct, 2011 06:24 PM

So Fork is a CMS, it features a backend with a nice interface that lets the site admin do many habitual actions, like writing new posts, moderating comments, changing its site visual, and so on ... and at end Fork manages the resources (database, files, privileges) that will be available to the frontend page to render its presentation to the user.

As I could see, the Fork download package comes with an already made fronted which seems to be an ordinary blog-like page.
I would like to know if when coding my web site, does its frontend needs to follow the same code structure that is present in the demo frontend? I mean, does Fork is suposed to be like Wordpress where you start with a premade site and just change its themes/widgets?

Or can I build an entire new PHP web-application with custom hooks in the HTML to show the modules/widgets that are available through a set of API provided by the CMS? Can I build a custom frontend and tie it to the CMS? What are the constraints, like it needs to have Spoon templates to render the page?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by tijs on 12 Nov, 2011 10:58 AM

@Midiway, you can build a custom fronted if you like, but I wouldn't recommend that. I think you better extend the existing frontend with the features you need. The API is also available, see: http://www.fork-cms.com/knowledge-base/detail/how-does-the-api-work for more information.

2. tijs closed this discussion on 12 Nov, 2011 10:58 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac