Error on server

waldo_cosman

05 Nov, 2012 09:10 AM

Hello,

I have uploaded 2 Forks on my hosted server (on 2 subdomains), but now and then i'm getting the error Fout 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): De server heeft de verbinding verbroken zonder gegevens te verzenden. The Debug param is off in 1 Fork, on in the other. After restarting the Apache, everything works again. Other websites on the same domain doesn't have a problem (which aren't made with fork)

Does anyone have an idea?

1. 1 Posted by waldo_cosman on 05 Nov, 2012 12:19 PM

The support of our hosting mentions that there are a lot of simultanious connections to the server for those 2 subdomains and that's the problem. We can increase the specs of our server but that probably will be a temporary solution. Otherwise, both sites are 'test-websites' so i don't know why there are a lot of connections, as they mention...

2. 2 Posted by waldo_cosman on 05 Nov, 2012 01:45 PM

It seems that line 350 of the front/core/engine/page.php can be the problem, because from that line, the error occured.. could it be that thethe server is not powerful enough? Otherwise, there are already lot's of other small php-sites on it ( +100).

3. 3 Posted by waldo_cosman on 05 Nov, 2012 02:56 PM

Found the cause of the error: In /frontend/core/engine/template.php, rule 271, the function get_defined_constants(true) is called. When I change the argument to false, the site doesn't crash. On first sight, everything works well on the frontend, but I don't know if this could cause other errors.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by tijs on 05 Nov, 2012 08:29 PM

Which version of PHP are you using?

5. 5 Posted by waldo_cosman on 06 Nov, 2012 07:41 AM

I'm using PHP Version 5.3.3-7+squeeze3

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by tijs on 06 Nov, 2012 11:38 AM

Hmm, thought it was an issue where your PHP version wan't supporting the catigorize-parameter.
    Did you check with the latest code from the master?

7. 7 Posted by waldo_cosman on 06 Nov, 2012 12:05 PM

I'm using the version 3.4.4). I didn't change any of the files to the ones on Github, but as far as I can see, the function is the same in 3.4.4 as on Github. Strange as it is: now it suddenly works, and my provider says they haven't changed a thing.. :-s. I will keep following it..

Maybe the function get_defined_constants uses a lot of resources, which made the server crash? I don't know..

8. 8 Posted by Georg on 09 Nov, 2012 09:13 AM

Same Problem here - my provider is easyname.eu. Have a lot of REDAXO sites installed, no problems there.

9. 9 Posted by waldo_cosman on 09 Nov, 2012 09:31 AM

My problem hasn't occured in the last few days, so I think my provider changed a setting or something (even if they say they haven't...)

10. 10 Posted by Georg on 09 Nov, 2012 09:38 AM

I use the standard installation 3.3.4 with the Triton theme. The error occurs in frontend and also in backend. But only sometimes, when I do a browser reload the site gets delivered (forkcms.georgkaser.com).
    Some ideas?

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by John on 10 Nov, 2012 01:04 PM

I have to say that when I have this kind of error it only appears when I'm using chrome. Could it be something chromerelated then?

12. 12 Posted by Georg on 10 Nov, 2012 02:32 PM

Hi John, no, I've tested it with Internet Explorer, Chrome, also on my iPad. I asked my provider, they looked into the logfiles and said there is no problem. Must be a problem with the cms.

I've also tested without plugins (for example without the blog) - same problem.

13. Support Staff 13 Posted by tijs on 10 Nov, 2012 02:37 PM

Can you send us the logfiles?

14. 14 Posted by Georg on 10 Nov, 2012 02:40 PM

I can try to get it from the provider - I have no files. I will try...

15. 15 Posted by waldo_cosman on 26 Nov, 2012 08:52 AM

Finally we have found the solution:
    Fast-CGI should be 'on' on the server. If it was set to 'off', we got the errors. After changing it, the site worked again...

16. tijs closed this discussion on 28 Dec, 2012 07:07 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac