ForkCMS + XAMPP + Virtual Host - SpoonDatabaseException (no connection)

30 Oct, 2014 11:32 AM

Hi all, i'm trying now for days to get fork up and running locally in a subfolder. But it don't work. I know that fork is not created for subfolding, but i can't install it direct in my www_root cause i want to use more than one fork installation.

I have installed a fresh XAMPP for Windows (version 1.8.2-6), created a subfolder in htdocs for fork (fork.local), setting up my windows host file ( fork.local) and the apache2 virtual host file. My routing works right (can access localhost and fork.local via browser).

After that i run the fork installer without a problem. I used the actual fork version (3.8.2). Fork created the needed tables in my database and there was no issue to install it.

But if i open "fork.local" in my browser, there is a "500 Internal Server Error". So i looked into the fork log and there i see this:

[2014-10-30 11:47:19] request.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception SpoonDatabaseException: "A database connection could not be established." at D:\Programme\XAMPP\htdocs\fork.local\vendor\spoon\library\spoon\database\database

Really, it sucks. My MySQL database is up and running, i can access it via phpmyadmin and MySQL Administrator without a problem. I have checked my database privileges and everything looks fine. I really don't know how to fix this issue.

I looked for hours to find a workaround for this but nothing helps me. Now i hope someone from the dev-team has a idea what i can do. Thanks alot.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac